Worcestershire RE Subject Leaders (primary) Network
Led by Catherine Atkinson, from The Rivers C of E Multi Academy Trust. Catherine writes:
The group is made up of a range of schools, both church and community, state and private, academy and local authority etc. We also have close links with the local secondary group and the university.
Catherine sent in a summary of the discussions held at their Autumn Term meeting in which the group:
- Looked through the NATRE local group newsletter and discussed various points.
- Discussed the Commission on Religious Education report
- shared the minutes from the Secondary local group and talked about using expertise from secondary specialists.
- Discussed various places from where teachers could access RE resources. A suggestion was made that parents/grandparents could help with sewing.
- Agreed that the Diocesan website is great for planning support and shared some examples.
- Discussed evidence and books- exercise books or floor books.
- Shared ideas for the following key questions:
Where have you seen effective cross-curricular links with RE?
What do children get from truly effective RE provision?
What are the greatest challenges in leading RE?
The group will be meeting again on Thursday 17th March and 6th June at St Clement’s Teaching School, 4-5.30pm. email@example.com