New2RE programme 2017–2020
New to RE?
Find the best support for the start of your career here!
New2RE programme September 2017
- Are you likely to be a newly qualified secondary RE teacher in September 2017?
- Are you keen to extend your repertoire of strategies for teaching RE?
- Would support with deepening subject knowledge be helpful as you teach six religions and non-religious worldviews?
- Would you value having an experienced RE teacher/leader as a personal mentor?
If so, you'll be pleased to hear about the New2RE programme from the National Association of Teachers of Religious Education (NATRE). This is a fantastic opportunity for NQTs beginning their careers as RE specialists in September 2017 to be supported by RE experts and gain access to hundreds of quality-assured resources.
The programme is designed to support you in the first three years of your career and help you to develop your subject knowledge, your repertoire of teaching strategies and your confidence as a teacher of RE. The programme will be tailored to the needs of each teacher and be designed to complement and enhance the provision your school provides for your NQT and subsequent two years.
Benefits of joining the programme include the following:
- Meet a mentor, an experienced RE teacher assigned to support you.
- A subject knowledge and skills audit to help you identify your professional development priorities.
- FREE NATRE membership – including termly mailings and access to hundreds of downloadable resources online.
- £100 off NATRE's national conference, or an RE Today course.
- A FREE place on an RE Today webinar.
- A FREE New2RE residential conference.
- £50 to spend on RE Today publications each year.
- Become part of a wider community of RE teachers.
- Participate in the national development of RE through NATRE, who are always looking for fresh ideas and energy to promote excellent RE teaching.
The programme is free to the teacher, subject to a contribution of £120 per year from your participating school, and permission from your head teacher/principal to attend the residential course in June of each year.
We have 25 places to offer to NQTs on our three-year early career development programme: New2RE.