Strictly RE 2021
Inspirational, classroom focused CPD!
Date: 30 & 31 January 2021 (PLUS additional seminars leading up to Strictly!)
Full price: £100* (Price includes downloadable handouts and presentations from all sessions).
BOOKINGS CLOSE on the 22nd January - so, don't leave it too late to book your place.
We’ll be running twilight sessions throughout January, culminating in a weekend of keynotes, seminars and networking. These will be announced soon! Delegates who have already booked a place will be the first to hear about them and book their sessions.
Strictly RE is the key date in the diary for the RE community, designed to inspire and equip Primary and Secondary teachers and professionals with knowledge, techniques and resources on how to deliver excellent RE.
Come and have fun joining teachers from across the country in sharing ideas at a stunning central London venue. Through renowned keynote speakers and a choice of interactive and thought-provoking seminars you can pick up loads of ideas and practical support. Immerse yourself in our jam-packed programme of practical, classroom focused CPD.
“I left with such excitement and motivation to get back in the classroom.”
“Genuinely inspirational atmosphere, deep commitment to value of RE from everyone present.”
“Some of the best practical CPD I've had (in 17 years) tons of ideas to transfer directly to the classroom.”
NEW for 2021!
- Curriculum- Schools and teachers are more aware than ever about the importance of the ordering of curriculum and building knowledge and understanding. At Strictly RE @ Home we will look at constructing a coherent curriculum and developing the theme in RE of the importance of both substantive knowledge and disciplinary knowledge. We are thrilled to have two experts delivering keynotes sessions: Richard Kueh (Ofsted) and Christine Counsell.
- Worldviews - There has been lots of discussion about the idea of ‘Religion and Worldviews’, raising lots of questions: What do we mean when we talk about worldviews? Are worldviews important in RE? How and why do we need to teach about them? These questions and more will be addressed throughout the conference in keynotes and seminars.
- Anti-racist RE - The importance of anti-racism in education is high on the agenda of many schools and teachers, with many looking into how to take the first or next steps in their setting. We are delighted to host a panel discussion on anti-racist RE featuring teachers and academics sharing ideas, highlighting the importance of anti-racist RE and how we move towards a more anti-racist content. There is also a primary and secondary session led by teachers of RE and Lat Blaylock of RE Today who have worked to create a suite of resources with generous funding from the Free Churches group and Methodist Schools.
Choose from 24 seminars on a wide variety of topics, including:
- Anti-racist RE (Primary & Secondary sessions)
- Beginners Guide to Curriculum Building at Secondary (Secondary)
- Primary subject leadership (the how to guide) (Primary)
- A new Curriculum for Wales: Ideas and innovation for RE in schools everywhere (Cross phase)
- Shake, rattle and roll – make some noise! Judaism in the primary school (Primary)
- Worldviews within Islam (Cross phase)
- Virtual visits and visitors (plundering the online) (Cross phase)
- RS and Religion and Worldviews. We teach both and here's why! (Secondary)
- Teaching about Hindu worldviews at KS3 (Secondary)
Huge discounts available for NATRE members*
*Dependent on membership package. Visit website for more details
Additional seminars leading up to: StrictlyRE@Home additional seminars