Primary RE 1000!
Kick-start ‘Better RE’ in your school: NATRE’s national initiative - UPDATE No more places available - now fully allocated!
Giving primary schools access to high-quality RE resources
We have received funding to support primary schools with high quality RE resources. Helping to deliver RE in engaging and exciting ways, Primary RE 1000 offers a special two year Bronze membership package.
Only available to eligible schools, NATRE aims to increase access to fantastic resources, and this funding has made it possible at a subsidised price.
If you do not have a referral code but would like to see if your primary school is eligible, please email email@example.com and we can check your eligibility against the funding criteria.
What is ‘Primary RE 1000’?
The National Association of Teachers of RE (NATRE) has a new project to help schools who recognise the need to improve their RE provision. NATRE is the subject teacher association for RE professionals. It works to support those who teach and lead in all schools and institutions and at all stages of their career.
The Primary RE 1000 project will enable 1000 primary schools to offer ‘Better RE’ which means: RE for thinking, creativity, standards and challenge.
How can ‘Primary RE 1000’ help your school?
The project gives you access to:
- an online RE resource pack – a plethora of high-quality resources including the best online materials, great practical lesson ideas, planning guidance and support with subject knowledge.
- a sample RE policy statement
- an audit tool for RE and numerous ready to use learning ideas
- guides to all the BBC video for RE including lesson ideas and learning plans
- exemplar RE plans and classroom learning ideas, plus networking opportunities and local support
- contact with a local teacher group for RE, which provides a personal way for a subject leader in RE to gain confidence
- A special Bronze NATRE membership for two years, which includes a termly mailing of REtoday magazine and a primary curriculum book which is packed full of lesson planning ideas and activities. Access to over 1000 online teaching resources to download, discounts on CPD, RE Today publications a monthly newsletter with a free downloadable resource and much more…
How much does it cost?
For a single payment of £55 you get all of the above which includes two years of a Bronze NATRE membership saving you £95 and giving you a benefits value of over £600. This is all possible through generous trust funding of the project.
What do we mean by ‘Better RE’?
- We want all pupils to have access to good RE.
- Pupils to be thoughtful in RE – for example, using thinking skills to explore big ideas from different religions and beliefs.
- Teachers to have high standards in RE and rise to them – for example, enabling pupils to write really well about religion and belief, or to use their speaking and listening skills in exciting ways.
- Pupils to respond to RE challenges – for example, learning key lessons from visits to different places of worship or enabling older primary pupils to work with younger ones on RE learning.
- Teachers and pupils to be creative in RE – for example by using art, music, drama or poetry to explore spiritual ideas and questions.
How do members of the project access ‘Primary RE 1000’ resources?
A login and a password will be provided to access the members area of the NATRE website, where members of the project will find a series of pods which access to an amazing array of resources RE materials and events. These will help to give teachers confidence, subject knowledge and competence to lead learning in RE more effectively.
How to join?
No more places available - now fully allocated!
Why join primary NATRE?
'Being an RE subject leader in a primary school can be isolated but being part of NATRE means you can make lots of connections and share ideas. By supporting NATRE we are really doing our bit to secure the future of the subject we love!’
Ashlie Dixon, KS1 Co-odinator, Boutcher CE Primary School