New Subject Knowledge Enhancement Programme
NATRE and Culham St Gabriel’s Trust are delighted to be partnering together to offer a new 8 week/200-hour Religion and Worldviews Subject Knowledge Enhancement Programme for those entering teacher training in September 2019.
This new programme is a direct result of the recent Department for Education announcement that those requiring a subject knowledge enhancement course in religious education in order to begin teacher training will receive funding.
The Teach:RE Course (www.teachre.co.uk) has for many years provided secondary ITT candidates with a vital bridge towards a successful PGCE year and subsequent entry into the RE profession. Working together, NATRE and CSTG have co-badged a newly designed 200-hour course, based on the previous course.
This programme is unique as it not only develops subject knowledge but welcomes the trainee into the wider RE professional community. It offers:
- Highly experienced and expert one-to-one tutor support
- A course tailored to individual needs
- Flexible, online approach so that trainees can complete the course whilst still in paid employment
- Access to a network of members of faith and belief communities
- Package of resources from RE Today Services to support subject knowledge and classroom practice
- FREE NATRE membership for one year
- Direct progression to the NATRE New2RE scheme
Ben Wood, Chair of NATRE comments:
'Having expert teachers in the RE classroom has never been more important, and the Teach:RE Religion and Worldviews course plays a vital role in helping to ensure that teachers are confident in their subject knowledge. The flexible structure of the course means that each individual can pursue a programme suited to their own needs, at whatever stage of their career, and is particularly well suited for those starting their teacher training'.
ITT providers will be able to partner with this new programme in a variety of ways. If you are an ITT provider please contact Dr Kathryn Wright to discuss the options we have available: firstname.lastname@example.org
For detailed information about the course please visit the Teach:RE website.