Humanist perspectives on death
A document (pdf) designed for use in schools.
- Provide students with access to the text (e.g. online or hard copy), and ask them to:
- highlight/identify words and phrases which indicate the key ideas expressed
- the kinds of proof that are being asked for in order to believe in a life after death.
- Ask them to make a chart of the key ideas expressed in the article also using some of the other key questions:
- What happens to us when we die?
- Is life meaningless?
- What is it all for, then?
- Ask students to write 150 words in response to the following: Do you agree with these ideas? Do you think there is the need for an afterlife to make this life meaningful or moral?