Secondary: What do you know about RE?
This film is a myth-busting guide to what secondary school RE is really like – and the impact it can have on students. It challenges four common misconceptions about the nature of RE in secondary schools.
- Myth 1: RE is dull and students don't like it
- Myth 2: RE is about reading the Bible and making people believe in God
- Myth 3: RE is only for religious people
- Myth 4: RE makes no difference to students or to society
Opting for Religious Studies
This film reveals the inside story about taking Religious Studies at examination level and the benefits it can bring – from the mouths of current and former students.
Using the format of a web-based options programme, four key questions are explored as part of the decision-making journey:
- What will I be doing?
- What skills will I gain from RS?
- Is it only for religious people?
- What could I do with RS?